At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Seoul and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a senior software engineer with experience of how to design and build robust, scalable and maintainable applications and services to help us take our product to the next level.
You would join one of our cross-functional product teams dedicated to solving a problem and delivering outcome within one of our product areas. As a senior software engineer you would support and mentor junior team members in finding the right solutions and system designs. You would also contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components and platform architecture.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Work in a lightweight agile process where we regularly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Have been mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues and engineering teams, particularly in reducing technical debt and complexity in applications
- Love teamwork
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- Are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements.
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience of one or more of the following: Python, Django, React & Redux, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP ecosystem, Kotlin
- Worked with audio streaming and/or music library management
- Experience from e-commerce, online subscription and/or payment solutions
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.