At Epidemic Sound we are on a mission to reinvent the music industry. Our carefully curated music catalogue—spanning over 33,000 tracks—is tailored to storytellers no matter their narrative. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, online outlets, and YouTubers rely on our tunes to tell their stories. Epidemic Sound's music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram, and streamed by millions of fans around the world on services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer. Our HQ is located in Stockholm, with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Toronto, Sydney and Seoul. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun, and we are transforming the music industry while we’re at it.
We are now looking for a Music Editor focusing on our YouTube/Google ecosystem possessing a strong musical knowledge in a wide range of music styles and genres—spanning both traditional and contemporary forms—to join our Streaming team. Your main objective is to empower our 360° holistic YouTube community by servicing music and providing accurate content, copywriting and programming elevating our best music for the platform.
Streaming is Epidemic’s fastest growing business area, so if you enjoy a versatile and fast-paced environment with lots of potential to shape our business, this is the position for you.
At Streaming, we fuel partner services, their in-house curators, and their rich user communities with music tailored for each contextual need and listening experience. Every week, we release hundreds of new songs stretching virtually all genres. We’re now seeking someone to curate, programme, and manage all releases within our riveting and thriving YouTube ecosystem. While the bulk of the role’s remit is to deal directly with Epidemic Sound’s music channels in all its nuances, an above-average expertise in YouTube’s services is also required.
As a Music Editor, you represent a hybrid between a music curator and a project manager. You will be responsible for a selected set of genres and will make sure that all music within said genres gets processed, packaged, and released on YouTube while receiving maximum exposure by serving strategic pitches to various streaming services on a weekly basis.
As a Music Editor, you will:
- Curate tracks into bundled single/EP/LP releases (coordinate track order, product type, title, cover art, etc) and make sure that products reach all streaming services together with our in-house release coordinator;
- Curate various native editorial Epidemic Sound playlists, stations, mixtapes, and multimedia assets;
- Drive and oversee community dialogue on YouTube, incl. targeted on-platform communication;
- Inform our music A&R team of streaming-specific needs in order for our department to succeed within our business area;
- Power our weekly music pitching set ups to various services in order to achieve maximum impact for our releases, i.e. generate playlist additions;
- Perform a host of housekeeping-related tasks to ensure all of the above, such as QA/QC for new incoming songs, aligning releases with our joint release schedules, supporting our artists in verifying their profiles on streaming services, etc.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, and you will be reporting to our Senior Music Editor.
Who are you?
We are currently looking for someone with a skillfully creative mind and very strong knowledge in a multitude of music genres, who’s also well-versed in today’s online popular culture, marketing drivers, social media lingo, and next-generation music promotions.
As a person you are creative, friendly, disciplined, self-motivated and results-oriented. You pay excellent attention to detail and have strong organizational skills, coupled with the ability to initiate and drive improvements. You are great at prioritizing work effectively under pressure, as well as maintaining professional decorum.
It would be music to our ears if you have:
- A proven track record of at least 2-3 years working within the music and creative industries as a music editor, writer, journalist, curator, online video creator or in a related domain
- Robust confidence with key YouTube software (e.g. Content ID, search optimization, asset metadata) as well as baseline multimedia content editing capabilities are required
- Previous experience in music supervision, streaming platforms, record labels, publishers, music tech, production companies etc. is a big plus.
- Fluent spoken English language and impeccable writing skills are a must.
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.