Legal Counsel, with 3-5 years experience
Legal – Headquarter, Stockholm
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We’re looking for a talented, self-driven and ambitious legal counsel to join our Legal Team in Stockholm, Sweden. As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work with legal matters related to music and media - with main focus on copyright and contractual matters. The position is full time and our office in Stockholm are located at Åsögatan 121.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with customers of Epidemic Sound
- Draft and negotiate cooperation agreements with resellers and distributors of our music
- Conduct legal research relating to various countries around the world
- Draft and hold internal presentations (for example, legal matters for newly employed)
- Draft employment agreements and assist with certain HR and company related matters
- Work closely with other departments (tech and product in particular) in assisting them with legal matters
- Administrative tasks related to the above
What are we looking for?
You’re someone with passion for intellectual property right - in particular, copyright. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
- Highly skilled and professional individual with a university law degree
- Between 3-5 years experience working for a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Experience with working with intellectual property rights and especially with copyright
- Experience working with data protection projects, PUL and GDPR is preferred
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
- Driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized
- Works well independently and takes own initiative
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Good personal skills and is a team-player
Are you the person to join our fantastic team? Please click the link below to apply! Please include your cover letter and CV in your application. If you have any questions, please contact Head of Legal Caroline Ekström, +46707495124