At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for an experienced data engineer to help us evolve our platform and tooling for data processing.
You would join Epidemic’s Data Engineering team, with a mission to provide the platform, tools, solutions and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed.
You can expect to:
- Join an organisation with passionate data scientists and data engineers at an early stage of the company's history. This is a chance to be part of building a platform that scales worldwide
- Set up and/or build analytics tools, both through internally developed software and on BigQuery
- Evolve our current data platform and solutions to enable data collection, processing, access, usability and monitoring
- Design, build and maintain the Epidemic data model:
- Post-processing of data from products to create rich information available in a data warehouse
- Work with business stakeholders and design data models to quantitatively support everything from corporate strategy to user acquisition
- Act as a stakeholder and partner with engineering teams to build the infrastructure and tracking needed
This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
We collaborate constantly and are big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming. On top of this, you can expect to have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- are fluent in SQL
- have experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Kotlin, Java
- have experience working with data processing and querying engines such as Apache Beam, Google Dataflow, Spark or BigQuery
- are passionate about data modeling and relational databases
- are someone with a good understanding of scalability and performance tuning of data processing
- an experienced user of large scale data warehousing
- used to data warehousing in a live setting with close ties to both backend developers and product data scientists
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
Who are you?
We believe that you are passionate about building great solutions that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind. Being principled but also pragmatic is a big plus in this role; we think you value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions. On top of this, we believe you have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply then. Most importantly, you love teamwork.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.