At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst for our Digital Rights Management team at HQ in Stockholm. Actually. You can call yourself Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Guru, Analytics Enthusiast or Easter Bunny if you like, the thing is: we have data and you are good at data.
How you will make an impact:
Every day, Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram – places where content can spread like wildfire! Our Digital Rights Management Team is dedicated to manage and protect our copyrighted music on these platforms, but most importantly, we want to move the field of digital rights management forward – that’s why we need you!
As a Data Analyst, you are a part of our Analytics team and fully integrated with the Digital Rights Management Team. You cooperate with data engineers, data scientists, data analysts and other stakeholders across the organization to ensure that the right information is available and accessible.
On a daily basis, you analyze video streaming data to provide insights and optimize our royalties from platforms like YouTube and Facebook. You play an important role in developing our digital rights management operations on new platforms. Furthermore, you track and monitor the department’s key metrics to fuel analysis and to provide recommendations going forward.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work with large datasets to understand and optimize our royalty collection from video streaming platforms like YouTube and Facebook
- Analyze video streaming data to generate monthly reporting and provide internal insights
- Research and optimize our operations in rights management systems like YouTube Content ID and Facebook Rights Manager
- Proactively developing analyses and insights to drive decisions and strategies
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources
Who are you?
We believe that you have a passion for data, tech and music, love an entrepreneurial start-up vibe and that you are strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics. You are a doer and a fast learner with a creative and analytical mindset, a great interest in dealing with large data and a drive to learn new stuff. Furthermore, we believe you have strong communication skills, so explaining goals and results to the rest of the team is a breeze for you.
We also believe you are/have:
- Relevant educational background
- 1-2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent skills in- and experience with SQL, Excel and presentation tools
- Experience working with large datasets using SQL and/or other programming languages
- Experience using data visualization to create compelling data stories
- Experience working with YouTube and/or Content ID is a merit
- Experience in Python or R is a merit
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
So, if you are at the beginning of your career, get excited by data and want to use your analytical skills to make an impact in a company with the mission to soundtrack the world; go ahead and apply!
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.