We are now looking for a senior software engineer to join our product team Activation. We work with maintaining and developing the core platform of Epidemic Sound, having a focus on educating users to get the most out of the product. We're responsible for churn and trial behaviours, payments and subscription management serving hundreds of thousands of users. Working closely together with other product teams, we contribute to the overall success of our users in the product.
Being a software engineer at Epidemic means having a holistic view of the product, working across the stack and contributing to all parts of the product life-cycle in order to, in the end, delivering a great product for our users.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance.
- Become a technical leader in the team and across the organization.
- Drive and contribute to larger technical projects across teams.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where we constantly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc.
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the team's Engineering Manager.
Who are you?
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building great products that people love. You're not afraid to work across the stack in order to achieve the end goal - delivering a great experience.
You thrive in a team environment where collaboration is needed constantly and enjoy mentoring and knowledge sharing. Team-first mindset being the keyword.
With you, you bring a foundational knowledge of building complex systems using Python and can be a sound technical voice when reasoning about product/technical tradeoffs.
In addition we think that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures, software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Have experience building Python web applications at scale.
- Have experience of working with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Have experience mentoring less experienced colleagues and drive the use of sound development practices.
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind.
- Are experienced in working closely with business and product stakeholders and thus having a strong understanding of business and user needs.
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if:
- You have experience with any of the following technologies: Django, Kubernetes or React + Redux.
- You’ve worked with subscription management or e-commerce.
- You are into music in general (either as an artist or fan / listener)
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.