At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Director of Engineering to help us continue to grow and shape our tech organisation.
At Epidemic Sound we are investing heavily in our products and technology in order to bring our music to even more storytellers, creatives, and listeners while also empowering our musicians with insights about how their music is used.
As our Director of Engineering you will build, guide, and further develop our data engineering and site reliability engineering teams. The SRE team is dedicated to evolve and scale our shared cloud infrastructure by providing the core infrastructure, tooling, and support necessary to enable the product development teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the products and services they build. The data engineering team’s mission is to provide the platform, tools, solutions, and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed.
You will be part of making sure our autonomous teams develop in a brilliant way by providing guidance and possibilities for further development while also being part of tech management, focusing on organisational development, strategies and OKRs.
- Inspire, lead, shape, and grow healthy, fun, and high-performing data- and site reliability engineering teams.
- Coach and mentor developers and leaders, shape and guide professional development programs
- Collaborate with the Product counterpart to define and implement product and technology strategies
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in methodology and technology to increase productivity and quality
- Work with teams to construct the technical roadmap and drive the planning and resource allocation for its development
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting and retaining great engineering talent
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the CTO.
Who are you?
To thrive in this role, we believe you are/have:
- Experience from a high-growth organisation and the challenges involved in a rapidly scaling business
- A burning interest for people and technical leadership, showing a progression of responsibility through your career
- A passion for establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed
- An interest in how to lead and build product-centric engineering teams and culture
- Experience and interest in data engineering, cloud computing, or observability
- A degree in Computer Science or technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.