At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a senior software engineer to join our product team Acquisition. We work with all touchpoints that a potential new user has with the Epidemic Sound product. Acquiring users is the team's responsibility and it plays a big part of building the success of Epidemic Sound.
Being a software engineer at Epidemic means having a holistic view of the product, working across the stack and contributing to all parts of the product life-cycle in order to, in the end, delivering a great product for our users.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance.
- Drive innovation and help form the product.
- Become a technical leader in the team and across the organization.
- Drive and contribute to larger technical projects across teams.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where we constantly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc.
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building great products that people love. You're not afraid to work across the stack in order to achieve the end goal - delivering a great experience.
You thrive in a team environment where collaboration is needed constantly and enjoy mentoring and knowledge sharing. Team-first mindset being the keyword.
In addition we think that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures, software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Have experience mentoring less experienced colleagues and drive the use of sound development practices.
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind.
- Are experienced in working closely with business and product stakeholders and thus having a strong understanding of business and user needs.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced and iterative way.
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you:
- Have experience working with experimentation and A/B testing.
- Have experience working with SEO.
- Have experience integrating services in different ways.
- Have experience with React/Redux, Python/Django, Kubernetes or Google Cloud Platform.
- Are into music in general (either as an artist or fan / listener).
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.