At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Team Lead to join our Analytics team. Actually. You can call yourself Data Analyst, Data Guru, Analytics Enthusiast or Easter Bunny if you like, the thing is: we have data and you are good at data.
How you will make an impact
As a Data Scientist Team Lead, you lead a team of data scientists and work close to our Product and Marketing teams to take our analytics capabilities to the next level. You help build our data- and analytics capabilities, influence the company through data-driven insights, and help soundtrack the world. You lead and coordinate research initiatives to help build a deep understanding of our core metrics, users and business areas, drive improvements in how we work, the tools we use and how we can improve our data assets to maximize productivity.
In this role, you will take a leading role in a growing team. You will coordinate the work done by data scientists and analysts embedded in various teams/departments and make sure we have a holistic view of our business areas. You will be part of our analytics leadership team.
Your job will include, but are not limited to:
Lead our marketing analytics team
- Do research, analysis and develop models (e.g. channel attribution)
- Daily support and coaching of analysts within the team
- Manage business stakeholders and own the analytics backlog
- Prioritize and coordinate the analytics work
Improve how we work
- Drive improvements in the way we do things
- Make sure we focus on insights and share them with the company
- Ensure a high level of quality
Line manager responsibilities
- Regular check-ins
- Development plans
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe you are skilled in data analysis, visualization, communication and parsing commercial opportunities from vast amounts of data using SQL, R, Python, pencils, recycled paper and whiteboards. We also believe you have a passion for data, tech and music, love an entrepreneurial start-up vibe and that you are strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics. You are a fast learner with a collaborative disposition and have the ability to draw business insights to add real value to the business. You should have recent experience in dealing with large, real-world datasets from a digital, data-driven environment and a drive to make an impact.
Other skills we think you have:
- Experience with leading and coaching others
- Fluency in Python or R for data analysis
- Excellent understanding of SQL
- Good understanding of cloud technologies. We use GCP
- Ability to demonstrate hands-on experience with data mining, clustering, segmentation and machine learning
- Experience with experimentation and a/b testing
- Good understanding of data engineering practices and data modeling
- Fluency in English
- Merit to those with significant experience from a growing tech company
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.