At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are constantly increasing and improving our portfolio of global products where the common denominator is our music. Therefore, we are now looking for our new Product Manager to join or team and lead product initiatives and innovations within Music Production.
How you will make an impact
As a product manager in the music production team you see our most important asset, the music, from a product perspective. You are guided by how value is derived from the music. You maximize the potential of the music through the product you are responsible for. This means responsibility for creating an efficient process for our internal music team to get the music in, securing quality of metadata and efficient and automated methods for enriching data.
The main purpose of creating the music is to serve our storytellers. This role and team is responsible for being the voice of the storyteller user, understanding their needs, and as a stakeholder to the music department identify what music we should invest in.
The team together with the music distribution team forms the music domain, working on shared overarching goals. As a product manager in the team you will also contribute to the overall strategy for the whole area and work closely with your sister team, music distribution, to build a joint foundation of how we manage our music.
- Lead process of determining what gets built and delivered to customers and the communication of roadmaps and planning are well understood to teams and the rest of the organisation.
- Defining a product vision and strategy for the product team in line with the overall company objectives.
- Ensuring sufficient evidence and argumentation for what goes on the product backlog is in place.
- Responsible for the team product discovery process and ensuring we tackle the greatest risks up front and efficiently deliver value for our users and business.
Day to day tasks
- A member of the product team responsible for priorities and leading the product discovery and roadmap process.
- Keeping track of ideas, hypotheses, requirements, cases and backlog of a defined product area.
- Breaking down and scoping out work with the team members.
- Assess ideas and pursue the most promising with argumentation for what should get prioritized and not in the team’s backlog.
- Lead, plan and set timeline for implementation of initiatives.This involves the teams work as well as coordinating all the activities to bring a product to market with external stakeholders.
- Communication to external stakeholders on vision/strategy and roadmap to ensure everyone understands why certain things are being done and others not.
- Together with Product Analytics prioritize the analytics roadmap continuously improving understanding of user behaviour and how teams work affect assigned KPIs. Ensure analysis of launched features are in place and that we use data to continuously improve and iterate on the features.
- Working closely with user research engaging with users producing insights and validating product ideas.
- Working closely with software engineers and designers in the team to ensure that the software delivery is aligned with the vision (clarify use-cases, feedback on UI-elements etc etc)
- Develop a technical understanding of the product’s services and systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify and prioritize meaningful improvements. Understand the technical implications of what is being built.
Who are you?
We believe you are a self motivated product management professional with a strong sense of ownership that we can learn from in a fast-growing product organisation. You are curious and collaborative and can make product teams thrive. You naturally take a data-informed experimental and incremental approach to product development but can also think big and challenge everything to make bold bets and create amazing experiences for our users.
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- 5+ years of experience of Product management within a fast-growing product focused company
- Experience working in a highly technical environment
- Experience from developing products with ML is a merit
- Experience from the music industry is a merit
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.