At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
As we are scaling the product & technology organization we are introducing engineering managers at Epidemic. We want to accommodate carrying, driven and motivated individuals who want to be part of bringing our teams to the next level.
The engineering manager role at Epidemic is either a pure manager role on the management track with a scope larger than one product team, or a more hands-on role within a team combining individual contribution and management.
We think the ideal candidate is either
- a very driven senior engineer that today acts as an informal leader in her/his setting, or an engineering manager that wants to get back to working a little bit closer to the craft. Best of two worlds?
- or an experienced engineering manager that wants to keep growing within the management track and focus purely on enabling individuals and teams to do their best job
Your main responsibility is to make sure the team is motivated, engaged and high-performing. You support the individuals in the team and ensure everyone is connected to the goals and efforts of the company.
As an engineering manager at Epidemic Sound, you are an integral part of the team's leadership that ultimately is responsible for the team reaching its goals.
You can expect to:
- empower the team to solve the problems of our users and stakeholders by understanding their needs and coming up with solutions
- develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth
- continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging in your team and within our organization
- make sure that there is a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams
- in close collaboration with a product manager and the rest of the team, drive the team’s goal-setting process and pave the way for the team hitting their goals
- advocate and advance effective software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering, process, and organizational practices
- foster great collaboration with other teams in the organization in order to reach ours and their goals
- work with and contribute to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- put people and team first, understanding how that is the foundation for everything we do
- are technical but you prefer to lean on your leadership and facilitation skills to drive technical decision making
- thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- are excited about collaborating with teammates across the organization, from people within product and tech, music, business, marketing, sales and so on
- are action-oriented and enjoy continuously working on improvement within your team
- anticipate and address issues with communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership
- communicate with empathy and precision
- promote transparency, facilitate information flow and align your team with the organization’s goals
- are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- love teamwork
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to one of our Directors of Engineering.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.