At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are looking for a seasoned product leader that can lead the Product area(s) Music & Core Music Experience.
How you will make an impact
We are constantly increasing and improving our portfolio of global products where the common denominator is our music. The scope of this Product area is creating and distributing the music, as well as building the user experiences for our storytellers using the music.
This role will be a major driving force in company-wide strategic concerns such as;
- What experiences are we building to help our users find the music they need?
- Beyond music, what else can we do to help creators to fuel their creative and commercial success?
- How might we use music intake as a strategic tool for subscriber growth?
- What is our product strategy for becoming the best destination for emerging artists?
- How can we turn our network of storytellers with their massive audiences into an opportunity for artists to get their music spread?
Day to day tasks
- Leading change and strategic initiatives with the team and other department stakeholders.
- Assigning ownership of tasks/projects/problems within the product domain.
- Communication and alignment of domain priorities internally and externally.
- Ensuring cross-departmental sync and defining appropriate forums and processes to stay aligned.
- Responsible for domain metrics, how we set goals, how they impact budget and how we are tracking against objectives.
- Inspire and influence PMs to steer towards overall objectives creating enough space for PMs and teams to continue operating autonomously.
- Performance review, setting development targets, yearly salary review and 1:1s with team members.
- Recruiting, attracting and maintaining a diverse team of top Product management talent.
- Represent product in domain triad of Engineering Director, Product Design Director.
- Lead product planning and strategy for Music & Discovery domain.
- Manager for PMs in Discovery/Core as well as Music Distribution and Music Production teams.
- Responsible for the operational effectiveness of the team, making sure all PMs are aligned by the appropriate goals and working on the most important items to move the product forward.
- Together with your peers(Director of Engineering and Director of Design), you are responsible for developing and executing strategies and plans for developing Products and technology within the domain.
- Together with your peers, you are responsible for allocating resources across team and continuous evolution/optimization of teams and responsibilities.
- Ensuring team health and employee satisfaction with members of the team.
- Responsible for the investment of resources in the domain.
Who you are
We believe you have a broad range of experiences which shows in your strong intuition. You make PMs and teams perform at its best, knowing what great looks like in terms of Product culture and helping our organization in getting there. At the same time, you take a critical mind to your own ideas and believe that being challenged by colleagues leads to even greater ideas and innovation.
You have the ability to navigate and drive mission-critical strategic questions on an executive level. You are used to influencing decision-making at all levels within an organization and have excellent communication skills.
Also, we believe you have/are:
- Extensive experience with product management
- Experience from building consumer subscription product
- Product leadership experience
- Passionate about music
- A visionary leader and positive force
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.