At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to empower our Data Scientist and Analytics teams.
You would join Epidemic’s Data Engineering team, with a mission to provide the platform, tools, solutions and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed. As a Senior Analytics Engineer you would play a key role bridging Data Engineering and Data Analytics.
Our modern solution runs on Google Cloud Platform and part of our solution stack includes BigQuery as a data warehouse, Airflow for data pipeline orchestration, Dataflow jobs for data processing and Dbt for data transformation.
You can expect to:
- Join an organisation with passionate Data Scientists and Data Engineers at an early stage of the company's history. This is a chance to be part of building a data analytics platform that scales worldwide.
- Design, build and maintain the Epidemic data models.
- Drive data architecture matters, including following the data definition and data modeling principles across all parts of the business, and ensure that everything from tracking to reporting cubes adhere to Epidemic’s best practices.
- Act as a stakeholder and partner with both engineering teams and analytics teams to deliver well-defined, tested and high quality data sets.
- Work with business stakeholders and design data models to quantitatively support everything from corporate strategy to user acquisition.
- Support and mentor analytics consumers on best software engineering practices.
This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
We collaborate constantly and are big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming. On top of this, you can expect to have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- have a high knowledge of SQL.
- love teamwork.
- are passionate about data modeling and relational model design.
- have experience working with or setting up large scale data warehouses.
- follow best software engineering practices in your work.
- have previous experience working with or setting up ELT-like data pipelines.
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
Who are you?
We believe that you are passionate about building great solutions that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind. Being principled but also pragmatic is a big plus in this role; we think you value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions. On top of this, we believe you have a passion for sharing your knowledge and teaching others how to apply then.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.