At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for part-time Scouts to join our amazing Music team.
How you will make an impact
As a Scout at Epidemic Sound, you will help us discover new talent to write and produce new music for our catalogue, and build a diverse roster. In this role, you are expected to work autonomously with the freedom to choose how and when to scout and are compensated on a finder’s fee basis. You will use various channels to pitch Epidemic Sound successfully towards the music creator community and will be the main point of contact for the artists and musicians and own the communication with them until the point of signing.
You will report to the Head of Music Recruitment and work towards the team’s shared scouting targets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scout for emerging artists.
- Scout for talent that will diversify the roster.
- Increase our reach within networks where we are currently not present.
- Pitch our offering and clearly communicate our model and processes within the music creator community.
- Own the communication with the leads until signing.
- Explore new scouting opportunities and tools.
- Work closely with the other team members to align around targets and share ideas.
- Keep up to date with the teams’ targets as well as the company targets.
Who you are
To thrive and succeed in this role, we believe you have previous experience within the music industry and have an existent network within the music creator community. You potentially have other income streams as the role at Epidemic is part-time and remuneration is based on finder’s fees per talent signed. You are good at working independently and are self-motivated. It is also meriting if you have experience with more niche/minority genres and music creators.
It would also be music to our ears if you are/have:
- Understanding of where and how to look for talent and how to approach them
- An eye and ear for talent with commercial potential
- Great communication and social skills
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Based in USA or Sweden
- Great passion and love for music!
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.