At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 40,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our central Data engineering team, the team that is responsible for our Data Platform. You will play a vital role in ingesting data from our data lake into the data warehouse, where data will be transformed, scheduled, and made ready to be used for analytics & product development teams. You might come from a background where you have passion for Data Modeling or Data Engineering. Or you might have worked as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst and you’re curious and want to work more with Data Engineering.
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in SQL and Python
- A strong interest and curiosity in data – you might have also worked with large-scale data warehouses like BigQuery or Snowflake, data modelling, and/or relational model design
- Experience in any of the following tooling: Terraform, Snowplow, Apache Airflow, Fivetran, Looker, OpsGenie
- Experience with cloud computing such as GCP or AWS
You definitely have the following:
- A love for teamwork
- A love for continuous improvement and learning
- Follow best software engineering practices in your work
- The ability to communicate in English with professional working proficiency
- You value best practices but realize that all rules have exceptions
- A passion for sharing your knowledge and teaching others what you know
Nice to have experience:
- Previous experience working with or setting up ELT-like data pipelines
How you will make an impact
You would join Epidemic’s Data Engineering team, with a mission to provide the platform, tools, solutions, and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed. As an Analytics Engineer, you would play a key role in bridging Data Engineering and Data Analytics.
Our modern data stack runs on Google Cloud Platform and part of our solution stack includes BigQuery as a data warehouse, Google Cloud Composer (Airflow) for data pipeline orchestration, Dataflow jobs for data processing, and dbt for data transformation.
You can expect to:
- Join an organization with passionate Data Scientists and Data Engineers at an early stage of the company's history. This is a chance to be part of building a data analytics platform that scales worldwide
- Design, build and maintain the Epidemic data models
- Drive data architecture matters, including following the data definition and data modeling principles across all parts of the business, and ensuring that everything from tracking to reporting cubes adheres to Epidemic’s best practices
- Act as a stakeholder and partner with both engineering teams and analytics teams to deliver well-defined, tested, and high-quality data sets
- Work with business stakeholders and design data models to quantitatively support everything from corporate strategy to user acquisition
- Support and mentor analytics consumers on best software engineering practices
This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts, or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech talks. We emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
We collaborate constantly and are big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews and pair (or mob) programming. On top of this, you can expect to have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing.
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business, and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.
- HQ (Stockholm)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Epidemic Sound
Epidemic Sound, the market leading platform for restriction-free music, is headquartered in Stockholm, heard around the globe and on a mission to soundtrack the world.The company has democratized access to music for storytellers. Its innovative digital rights model paves the way for creators - everyone from YouTubers to small businesses to the world’s largest brands - to use restriction-free music to take their content to the next level, whilst simultaneously supporting the musicians it works with both financially and creatively.The company was co-founded in 2009, operates across the globe, and has offices in five major cities: Stockholm, New York, Los Angeles, Seoul and Amsterdam. Epidemic Sound is backed by EQT, Blackstone, Creandum, Atwater Capital, Alecta. AMF, and TIN Fonder and its Chairperson is Andrew Fisher, former CEO and Chairman of Shazam.
Loading application form
Already working at Epidemic Sound?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.