The team is part of the Sound Domain, with a focus on building tools empowering our artists, supporting our internal catalog management system, external streaming services integrations and calculating royalties. We ensure to provide our company with legally and musically outstanding content. We work in a communicative and collaborative space where knowledge sharing is key. We have many things that we take care of, with a wide range of opportunities in a diverse and fun team that promotes well-being.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and adaptable Senior Backend Software Engineer who probably is proficient in multiple tools and programming languages. But, if you have experience with Kotlin (or Java), are fluent in database design (Mysql, Postgres, BigQuery) and have good API design experience, that's great! Also, we consider Python (or Ruby or Node) and React/Typescript (front end), Spring boot or ktor a plus. With that said, we believe that your experience, seniority level and mindset is what makes you a perfect match.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other product teams, machine learning, analytics, data, SRE, and the music department to develop new and amazing features that our artists love
- Collaborate and communicate closely with your team and other stakeholders
- End-to-end product development
- Bring a proactive approach to identifying pain points, risks, and opportunities with an understanding of how our team relates to the rest of the organization
- Embrace agile development processes, including pair and mob programming, share knowledge inside and outside the team, and participate in hack weeks and demos
What you'll bring
- Solid engineering skills in the tools and languages listed above
- Experience building scalable, reliable and easy-to-maintain software in an iterative fashion
- Experience contributing to a team’s continuous work towards a common technical vision
- Great communication skills and drive to collaborate closely with colleagues
- A strong willingness to learn
Your interests, mindset, and attitude are probably the most important aspects of the role. Tech can be learned, but the mindset and the attitude you bring will make us better together, and that’s more valuable to us!