We build infrastructure and products for packaging and distributing music to millions of listeners driving billions of streams.
As music is at the center of Epidemic Sound the Music Distribution team is in the center of driving both the success of our storytellers using our music and artists that want to get their music heard.
In every product team across Epidemic Sound, our software engineers take a holistic perspective of the product. They are integral in some of the most significant decisions for the company. This means they need to have a strong business and product sense.
A software engineer at Epidemic builds products effectively, helps shape the product through active contribution in product conversations, and provides a strong technical voice in the product development process to achieve sound product/technical tradeoffs.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a foundational understanding and experience of complex systems and backend technologies to join the team.
Are you interested in working across the stack to bring our music to the ears of our listeners wherever they are or might in the future? Apply now!
As a Senior software engineer on Team Music Distribution, you'll be responsible for creating systems that deliver our music to the world.
You would join a small, but experienced team that together works autonomously in finding the right solutions and system designs.
You’ll architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI.
You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in engineering, design, and product, to bring concepts to life.
You would also contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components, platform architecture and improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
Who are you?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures, and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Love teamwork and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- Are able to and experienced in going from the idea stage to scalable production deployments
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience of one or more of the following: Python, Django, React & Redux, Elastic Search, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP ecosystem, Kotlin
- Worked with audio streaming and/or music library management
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.